Tudor Potteries started in 1927 as a tile manufacturer. Their plant was located in the industrial Los Angeles suburb of Vernon, California at 5848 South Santa Fe Avenue (just a few blocks away from Vernon Kilns). The catalog shown below from the early 1930s features decorative tile used primarily for residential and commercial purposes. Tudor also produced other decorative tile used in tables and plaques. With the Southern California housing market bust of the late 1920s and early 1930s, Tudor switched production to gift- and dinnerware around 1934. Common Tudorware glazes included red, green, blue, yellow, and ivory in a matte finish (but not always!). Novelty items are often found with their foil “Hollywood Ware” labels intact. Tudor sold to a company called California Art Products in 1934.